Friday 26 October 2012

Daily Gosho - The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings


"The accepting and upholding of this original Law is expressed in the single word "belief" or "faith". The single word "belief" is the same sharp sword with which one confronts and overcomes fundamental darkness or ignorance. The commentary [Words and Phrases] says, "Belief means to be without doubt." You should think about this."

(The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 120) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", August 30th, 2012

Just brilliant, this extract... No matter how many hours we chant, does that daimoku really count if we don't actually believe, fundamentally, that this practice can change the darkest of fundamental darkness? As we discussed in last night's vibrant discussion meeting, our Actual Proof Campaign was launched this month; inspiring us to create the most amazing victories in our lives by 18th November 2013. Please see e-bulletin, issue 82 for more guidance.
18th November 2013 is the anniversary of the founding of the Soka Gakkai in 1930 and marks the completion of the new Soka Gakkai General Headquarters building - "the castle of worldwide kosen-rufu".

Quoting this month's Art Of Living magazine "President Ikeda is encouraging us to realise great victories in our lives that can stand out as "actual proof" of faith that is as grand and impressive as the new seven-storey headquarters building. So now is the time to ask yourself:

What is the challenge facing me that I really want to break through?

What is my grand vision for my life or my family?

What positive advance could I make in my home life, place of work or study?

Is there a secret dream locked in my heart that I have not yet dared to really pray to realise?

What will be my great actual proof that I will proudly share with others?

So let's yield that sharp sword of faith and truly banish the 'fundamental darkness' that stops us from being truly and absolutely happy... Looking forward to hearing all about your victories...




No comments:

Post a Comment