Wednesday 26 September 2012

Daily Practice - Our Compassionate Practice

A timely reminder for me, this one. After reading Sensei Ikeda's writings on the parable of The Good Physician, I've reflected on how my mind has been swayed a little lately. I suppose it's human nature to expect something back after we've done something for others. I think I need to hone my skills and use my Buddha wisdom to remain compassionate, no matter how much the other person hasn't (tick all that apply) appreciated my time, acknowledged my efforts, applauded my generosity.
Yes, I definitely need to chant about this one... Personally it's always easier for me to behave in the world of Bodhisattva when I'm not tired, running out of time, stressed etc. But that's not daily life, is it! Things happen... 
I'm really going to chant to build up my life-force and carry on giving, keeping my Buddha compassion and kosen-rufu mission at the forefront of my mind...and behaving as such. Sensei most definitely would...
Further reading at http://www.sgi.org/sgi-president/writings-by-sgi-president-ikeda/the-good-physicians-lesson.html Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment