Wednesday 25 July 2012

Daily Encouragement - The Poor Woman's Lamp

I’ve spent a lot of time this week creating gifts, preparing for meetings, and really making sure every detail is covered to ensure our meetings are as dynamic as possible and that each member is cared for and supported fully. I can't say that I'm not tired! But I know how great I will feel when our meeting goes without a hitch, there are no accidents, and we leave feeling invigorated and inspired.

Whilst reading the Gosho Reply to Onichi-nyo, Nichiren Daishonin explains how sincere offerings expand our own life to its fullest. It could be our time, giving someone a lift to a meeting, a friendly text – anything that we offer for the advance of kosen-rufu is sure to bring benefits. Done without begrudging our lives, this spirit builds upon our bonds of friendship and elevates our lifestate into that of Buddhahood. How wonderful!  And how very much Soka Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment