Wednesday 4 July 2012

It's all about the friendship...don't you think?

What great good fortune I have had today... as I sit here tonight, I am filled with a deep sense of gratitude to my fellow SGI-UK members, whose company I have shared today.


Despite a 'full to the brim' work schedule, combined with the care of my son, oh and all those other things us working mums do, I managed to see five members today and talk to three more. How wonderful...


Fantastic to catch up with a long-standing member who I haven't seen for a while. It's friendship first...and foremost. Our SGI-UK slogan is Trust through Friendship, Peace through Trust and today's catch-up was the embodiment of that. Wasn't solely about Buddhism, wasn't only meeting up to chant. Just two friends chewing the fat, and making sure the other person was ok.


I've recently taken on a responsibility for our forthcoming Summer course. Doing an activity always stirs things up for me. And you perhaps? Would be interested to hear other people's experiences.


Running late on finishing the course booklet, I ended up being supported by a Young Women's Division member, a Young Eagle, a Men's Division member and a Women's Division leader. I felt so nurtured and supported. There was no way I was going to fail this challenge. Their support ensured I was victorious. 


And for me, that's a sign of a true friend...



No comments:

Post a Comment