Sunday 8 July 2012

Daily Practice - Creating brilliant lives of happiness that shine

Just arrived home from our Womens Division Summer Course. And have to blog about it right away. WOW, WOW, WOW. 
This year, I could only attend one day but I am so glad I made the determination to get there, even for a short time.  Our theme for the course was 'Creating brilliant lives of happiness that shine.' and we studied 'The Light of Happiness' from The New Human Revolution, vol 25.
So much still to digest but I wanted to share a few things that struck an immediate chord with me. 
Our beautiful bonds of friendship which transcend society's usual boundaries such as race, age, class.
Our care for fellow members, supporting their individual needs and our determination that each member would have a victory before, during and after the course.
Our encouragement for members who take on responsibilities and really challenge their lives through activities such as a course.
Our leaders' sincere wish for us all to strengthen our faith, practice and study and most of all, lead lives of indestructible happiness.
Our HQ leaders' guidance included these gems which I will engrave into my heart over the next few days:
Each time I slander myself, I should stop and think 'But I am a BUDDHA' and not let those lesser-self thoughts undermine that undeniable fact.
Determine to make the impossible, possible - NO MATTER WHAT.
That I should really chant to see what it is in my life that makes me suffer.
Chant, chant, chant until the situation has been transformed.
Realise my own unique mission.
Take responsibility for my life, and not be pulled around by my environment.
Repay my debt of gratitude to the person who introduced me to the practice, by establishing the happiest life for myself.
Practice for others, knowing that one word could touch someone else's heart.
This guidance is not new to me, but it's like I make a fresh new determination whenever I attend a course of this nature.
Today, I redetermine to lead a brilliant life of happiness that shines....

No comments:

Post a Comment