Wednesday 4 July 2012

First post... hello and welcome!

Most of my day is spent online. Both personally and professionally. I check my Facebook, my blog stats (a little too compusively, I must admit) and process hundreds of work emails a day.

And amidst all of that traffic, I had a revelation.  After finding lots of Soka friends on Twitter today, I realised that whilst I spend huge amounts of time communicating, I rarely communicate about what I really do, where my heart is really at and what my mission really is. 

So here goes. I am:

A practitioner of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism
A chanter of Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo
A disciple of my mentor Sensei Ikeda, with my utmost gratitude
A proud member of Romford District, North-East London, England
A loving mother of a Young Eagle (SGI Buddhist boys, aged 7-12)
An encouraging support for Naitoku members (someone who practices without Gohonzon)
An Essex girl - don't judge!

Today, I determine to use my lowly online skills to share this wonderful philosophy - after all, I think that's what the internet was first designed for - to share, discuss and collaborate.

I would love to meet other members and interested parties. Let's start talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment