Monday 23 July 2012

Daily Practice - Our Greater Self


Seems to me, this is our daily challenge…to use our practice to summon forth our courage, compassion and wisdom in order to help others. This is the key to having a life of unshakeable happiness.
This weekend saw my Anger state appear…and pretty much stay there the whole weekend… My struggle was to stay compassionate towards someone whom I felt wasn't being that nice to me! Of course, our Buddhist practice shows us that the change must start from us. We must do our own human revolution first.  The situation is resolved now, through open and honest dialogue, but the last two days have reminded me that when my life state is lower than it should be, how quickly I revert to my lower natural world of Anger.
My daily practice is the key to developing my greater self, unconcerned by ego, insecurity and all those other karmic tendencies that stop me growing as a person and living the best life possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment